Anthis is greek, and means flower. and as the name suggests, is reminiscent of a blooming flower.
Flowers have had many meanings in the collective human consciousness. Tender bud to full bloom, flowers are associated with youth, beauty and pleasure but as they wilt and disappear they make us contemplate fragility and sanctfulness of life.
Handcrafted in Kastav, Croatia
100% Natural Soy Wax & Cotton Wick
Excellent working conditions
Your product is made by Marge and Jure in their studio in Croatia. Their small family have full ownership of their production facility and the schedule of how and when they choose to do their production. It is all done in a slow pace, as the core of the brand is to make mindful unique candles in a mindful way, with consideration for our world as an important driving factor.
Use of traditional methods mixed with new techniques
Up Candle design are mixing up modern 3D technology with traditional casting and modeling techniques. The models are both created and printed using 3D, a form of production that minimizes and in most cases also completely eliminates waste in the process.
Natural Wax as Raw material, and lead free Cotton Which
Paraffin wax candles produce emissions which compromise the air quality in your home, and have been compared to being a moderate indoor smoker. Parafin is also bad for our environment, if it ends up there. Up use all natural, organic vegan and non-toxic wax blends. Different models call for different blend -from Soy to Rapeseed wax. Your candle also burns with 100 % lead free cotton wicks with no negative impact on your health or environment.
Locally Hand-Made in Croatia with focus on quality
This product is designed and produced locally in Kastav, Croatia-surrounded and inspired by nature. It is made with raw material sourced as locally as possible. Up also focuses in general on having a hight quality on their products. in an increasingly consumerist world where mass production has led to a general decrease in value and subsequently to a devastating impact on our environment, Up want to focus on the value of each of their products instead of making it all about the volumes. They are supporting traditional skills by using traditional methods, and in the finishing process each candle passes through hands multiple times before they are ready, and none of them are exactly the same.
This products does not contain any animal material or by-product from animals.
This product is 100% biodegradable. As the wax is organic, non toxic and the wick is cotton and can be biodegraded if there is some left in in end? We calculate that the rest of the candle can be composted in a compost bin and even turn in to dirt for food purposes
Low Toxic process and a non toxic product
In the process of making the molds for the candles, some chemicals are used. These molds are made once, and then used again and again. The models are treated with putty and car paint and sanded to smooth out any irregularities that could be transferred to the mold. They are also glued (if they are printed in several parts due to the stability of the structure). They then pour the freshly prepared mixture of silicone or polyurethane rubber and make the housing which then is coated with a non-adhesive coating. This is the only part of the production process where chemicals are used. Then natural organic soy or rapeseed wax and the cotton wick does not contain any chemicals, and the process I 100% clean.
As the molds make it possible to make the candles without any waste, this is the first product under JF’s umbrella which is 100% no waste. The models are both created and printed using 3D, a form of production that minimizes and in most cases also completely eliminates waste in the process. We can therefore say that these candles are waste free, and it is up to you to get rid of the wick in the right way (read the care post)
organic raw material
The soy and rapeseed used in this product is 100% organic. use premium soy and rapeseed wax blends along with all – cotton fiber led free wicks that burn cleanly without soothing throughout the life of a candle.
10 cm / 3.93 inch
Got questions about size, colour or fit? Ask us here!
Up Candle design only use premium soy and rapeseed wax blends along with a cotton fiber, led free, wicks that burn cleanly without soothing throughout the life of a candle. The candles are slow burning and have a burn time of around 40 hrs. To take care of your candle and make it last longer, these are our tips:
- Prior to burning your candle, trim the wick at least ¼ inch (5 mm). This prevents uneven burning, dripping or flaring.
- Keep the pool of wax free of wick trimmings and any debris at all times.
- Place the candle on a stable, heat-resistant surface. This will also help prevent possible heat damage to counters and table surfaces
- Avoid drafts, vents or air currents. This will help prevent rapid or uneven burning, soothing, and excessive dripping.
- Burn the candle for 20 min.
- Extinguish the candle
- Trim the wick (trim the wick every time you want to burn your candle) do this to prolong candle life, to obtain optimal candle burn with no black smoke and avoid wax spills from the wax pool.
- Reignite the candle
- Never leave a burning candle unattended or lit while sleeping. If you are going to leave the room or go to bed, be sure to extinguish all candles first.
- Never move a candle when the wax is liquified.
- For safety measures, stop burning candles when only half inch (1 cm) remains
- Never burn a candle on or near anything that can catch fire. Keep burning candles away from furniture, drapes, bedding, carpets, books, paper, flammable decorations, etc.
- Keep candles out of the reach of children and pets. Do not place lit candles where they can be knocked over by children, pets or anyone else.
- Use a candle snuffer to extinguish a candle, if available, as it’s the safest way to prevent hot wax from splattering.
- Do not use water to extinguish a candle, this can cause the hot wax to splatter
- Before leaving the room, make sure your candle is completely out and there is no glow coming from the wick ember.
- Do not touch or move the candle until it has completely cooled.
Your candle exists of only natural wax, and the small rests of candle can be biodegraded with other biodegradable matter after use.
This product is shipped from Norway.
For Norway: go shop at our Norwegian site
Rest of the world: taxes and duties may apply upon arrival (find out more here)
3-5 business days for Europe
3-5 business days (+ production time when applicable)
3-5 business days (+ production time when applicable)
Rest of the world
5-7 business days
14 days open return from the day you receive your order. Returns must be sent and payed for by customer. Want to return a product? Mail us here and use your ordering number, and we will follow up.